Climate Change and Global Warming
Global Warming –
numbers please! is my effort to make some sense of the global warming
debate using the IPCC report and counterpoints.
Nonproliferation policy and detection systems for countering
- Reliable Detection Portal (slides, paper)
- Nuclear Detection: History & Facts (paper)
- Nuclear Detection: Portals, fixed
detectors, and NEST teams won’t work for shielded HEU on a national scale,
so what next?
- published as Devabhaktuni Srikrishna, A. Narasimha Chari
and Thomas Tisch, “DETERRENCE OF NUCLEAR TERRORISM WITH MOBILE
RADIATION DETECTORS” (Nonproliferation Review, Vol. 12, No 3,
November 2005, pages 573-614) http://cns.miis.edu/pubs/npr/vol12/123toc.htm
- Could a citywide network of sensors
prevent terrorist use of bombs? (full version)
- A blog, www.sensornetnews.com
“The application of sensors and sensor-systems to countering terrorism”
Why do engineers build systems that fail sometimes, and how
do we prevent that from happening?
- System Understanding,
observations on how to build systems that work by studying why large
systems had expensive bugs